1ST USA AEROBIC GYMNASTICS TRAINING CAMP
MARCH 22-24, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
The United States Competitive Aerobics Federation (USCAF) invites you to attend the 1st USA Aerobic Gymnastics Training Camp. The objectives of the program are to bring together coaches and their athletes for the most up-to-date technical and artistic training and professional advice for athletes of all levels preparing to compete in the 2019 International Aerobic Championship. Athletes registered in the camp program beneﬁt from the expert feedback of FIG brevetted judges, the elite skills of participating coaches and meeting and training with other aerobic athletes from across the USA.
Nevada Rhythmic Academy
6415 S Tenaya Way, #125 Las Vegas, NV 89113
Friday, March 22, 2019 - Arrivals and check-in
Saturday, March 23, 2019 - Training and performances
Sunday, March 24, 2019 - Feedback and departures
Registration will open on December 15 on the ANAC Website: www.sportaerobics-nac.com.
$175 per person - athletes and coaches
A coach must attend with their athlete(s)
There are many hotels within a short distance from the Nevada Rhythmic Academy. The USCAF recommends the following hotel - please reserve early:
Holiday Inn Express
6220 S. Rainbow Boulevard Las Vegas, Nevada 89118
The Nevada Rhythmic Academy is located a short distance by car, Uber or taxi from the Las Vegas McCarren Airport and the Las Vegas Strip hotels.
Monday, February 18. Late registrations (if accepted) will require an additional late fee of
50% refunds will be provided only in the case of illness/injury veriﬁed by a doctor’s note.
Athletes and coaches must sign USCAF participant waiver forms. Download here
Airport travel is to McCarran International Airport, Las Vegas.
Athletes and coaches should arrive and sign in Friday, March 22 between 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM. Camp concludes on Sunday, March 24 at 2:00 PM.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Training & Performance apparel
- Notebook & Pen
- Snacks & Water
GW AEROBIC TEAM AGE CATEGORY
Below you can find a table with your child's age group in 2018 for FIG and for ANAC (National Federation). As I explained today, depending on your child's birthday their categories can be different for FIG competitions (official Competitions) and for ANAC competition (open and invitationals).
GW Aerobic Team Material
Aerobic shoes, practice attire, and hair band. We really would like all athletes to have the below list of materials for practice. We did add estimated price and a link to the Amazon site to make it all easier for you, but you are free to shop wherever you prefer as long is the material I suggest below. If you have a question about any of the items, let us know before you purchase them.
Aerobic Material (to be acquired by all Aerobic Team members):
- Aerobic Shoes ($89): http://www.nfinity.com/Nfinity-Youth/Nfinity-Evolution-Shoe
- Ankle weights ($9) - https://www.amazon.com/Yes4All-Ankle-Weights-Wrist-Adjustable/dp/B00VUXAWNG/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=exercise-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1523828530&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=ankle%2Bweights&th=1
- Wrist weights ($19) - https://www.amazon.com/GYMENIST-Weights-Running-Cardio-Exercises/dp/B01M5INYU4/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1545155749&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=GYMENIST+Pair+of+Wrist+Weights+With+Hole+for+Thumb%2C+Great+for+Running+%26+All+Kind+of+Cardio+Exercises+%281+LB+Pair%29
- Wrist guard / tiger paw) (Optional $27) - https://www.ten-o.com/Seconds-Golden-Hands-Wrist-Supports-FREE-SHIPPING,1099.html?b=s*wrist&s=d&p=8&c=43 . Many kids are experiencing wrist pain due to overuse during jumps to push up and presses. This is something we cant avoid the repetition during practice, so, I do suggest the Aerobic athletes use some type of support on their wrists when we do very heavy exercises and high repetition of drills/skills. Be aware that we do have a strengthen routine work for the wrist and forearm muscles we do every day during warm up.
- Elastic Band (Thera-band CLX Black $9) - https://www.amazon.com/TheraBand-Resistance-Equipment-Individual-Intermediate/dp/B073VVFFWK/ref=sr_1_4?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1523829031&sr=1-4&keywords=theraband+clx+resistance+bands
- Knee pads ($18) - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002ZUR0EW/ref=sxr_zg_dy_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3525596382&pd_rd_wg=szAe7&pf_rd_r=WY7324JJ2BMQ4MRTGT0A&pf_rd_s=desktop-rhs-carousels&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B002ZUR0EW&pd_rd_w=7gLfD&pf_rd_i=knee+pads+volleyball+girls&pd_rd_r=f26eb1d8-c789-446e-844f-ad8cca96cc0c&ie=UTF8&qid=1523829150&sr=1
- Notebook and pen - Just get a pen to be always in their bag. and a notebook that should not be forgotten in the gym. This will help them to keep track of their work and performance during practice.
None of this material should be left in the gym overnight. Athletes should bring it to practice every day together with their shoes and any other needed material.